- MA and PhD applications for the 2021–22 academic year are now open! See Graduate Application Information for more details.
- The Department of Art History Writing Lab is now open! Undergraduate FAH students can book appointments with the writing coach online.
- The University of Toronto will be closed starting Wednesday, December 23, 2020 and will re-open Monday, January 4, 2021. Faculty of Arts & Science Winter term undergraduate & graduate courses will begin on January 11, 2021.
- Message from the Department of Art History on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Information & Resources for the U of T Community
- UCheck is a self-assessment web portal that allows U of T community members to generate a COVID-19 risk status. If you develop symptoms that you're concerned about, please contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000. If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19, please email email@example.com immediately.
- Feeling distressed?
- December 3, 2020: AIIG talk feat. Phil Sapirstein (3 pm)
- December 3, 2020: Guest Lecture feat. Christopher D. Johnson (4 pm)
- December 4, 2020: DVS Research Talk: Meredyth Winter (11 am)
- December 4, 2020: GUStA Research Meet & Greet: Meet Our Postdocs (1 pm)
- December 4, 2020: Party in the Zoom Room (4 pm)
- December 8, 2020: Architectural History Working Group (12 pm)
Welcome to the Department of Art History
Founded in 1934, the Department of Art History was the first of its kind at a Canadian university and over seven decades has achieved an international reputation for scholarly and creative excellence.