- The latest COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information for the University of Toronto community can be found here.
- U of T COVID-19 FAQs
- Faculty of Arts & Science COVID-19 Student FAQs
- Emergency Assistance Grants
- Faculty of Arts & Science Graduate Student Emergency Bursary
- Sources of Government Financial Support During COVID-19 - A Guide for Graduate Students
- Research FAQs
- Government of Canada Travel Advisories
- Government of Canada COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Toronto Public Health Advisories
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000
Important Announcement from Department Chair, Prof. Carl Knappett:
This has been an unprecedented time in our working and personal lives. I would like to acknowledge and recognize the outstanding work and dedication of our faculty, librarian, and staff as we continue to support our learners and each other during this difficult time. At this time I am writing to inform you that the Department of Art History’s offices will remain closed until further notice. This decision aligns with the University of Toronto’s institutional response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its continued effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
All staff will continue to work remotely and I encourage you to reach out to us by email for assistance.
We will continue to be guided by the advice of University of Toronto and public health officials, consider all government recommendations and will make decisions as needed regarding any additional measures we may need to take. Updates will be posted on our website when they become available.
We know these are trying times and that things are changing quickly, often daily. Please take care of yourselves and take care of each other.
Professor & Chair, Department of Art History, University of Toronto
Walter Graham/Homer Thompson Chair in Aegean Prehistory
Welcome to the Department of Art History
Founded in 1934, the Department of Art History was the first of its kind at a Canadian university and over seven decades has achieved an international reputation for scholarly and creative excellence.