Student FAQs

Below are frequently asked questions from current Art History students. If your question is not addressed below, please email the Undergraduate Assistant at

Typically in April, at the end of your first year, you will be expected to indicate which program you would like to specialize your degree in. There are many options and combinations, and the full instructions, with dates and deadlines can be accessed at the Faculty of Arts & Science website. It’s a great idea to look ahead when making first year course selections to see if any of the programs of study you are interested in have entrance requirements which you would need to achieve in first year. Once you’ve made your selection, you can login to ACORN during the registration window and select your program. Please see this webpage for further information and instructions.

Degree Explorer will show your progress in your program and is also a great resource to access when you are planning your degree requirements. Log in to Degree Explorer.

For specific program questions, please check the Faculty of Arts & Science calendar for more details, and contact the Undergraduate Assistant if you are still unsure.

For independent study course information and the application form, please visit Current Undergraduate Courses. Be sure to submit the application form before the course enrolment deadline.

For information on the internship course, a list of opportunities, and the application procedure, please visit the Experiential Learning & Internships page. Be sure to submit the application as early as possible and no later than the first day of classes of the semester in which you wish to enrol.

Yes, you can enrol in most Mississauga or Scarborough campus courses, if you meet the enrolment controls and prerequisites. These courses may not count towards your Art History program; please contact the Undergraduate Assistant before you enrol to confirm. Please visit the Faculty of Arts & Science calendar for complete policies on enrolling in courses at UTM and UTSC.

Please send your questions to the Associate Chair, Undergraduate Studies ( and Cc the Undergraduate Assistant (